Snake Plant, Mother-in-laws Tongue
Light Level: Low
Water Level: Low
1. Sanserveria has long leathery strap-like leaves that grow from its underground stem (rhizome). There are several cultivars with different colorations and a dwarf form that is the “bird’s nest” Sanserveria. This is a shallow rooted plant.
2. Country of Origin :Tropical Africa, India, and Indonesia.
3. Maintenance Tips
Roots of this plant occur in the top 2 to 3 inches of soil. When using a soil probe, check at a shallow depth for moisture level. This plant is easily over watered, however, do not allow it to dry out completely.
Remove flowers before they go to seed. Remove dead plant material from the soil surface to prevent pests and diseases.
To clean leaves, moisten 2 clean sponges and sandwich the leaf between them. Gently pull the sponges upward to the tip of the leaf.
If you cut or damage the tip of a leaf, the leaf will stop growing.
4. Pests and Problems
Erwinia chrysanthemi is a disease that appears as brown or black root and crown rot, leaf spots, wilting and collapsing or plant structures, and brownish-black leaf discoloration. Erwinia infected plants should be destroyed. Commonly called Erwinia blight.
Fusarium moniliforme is a leaf spot disease that causes round, raised, rust colored lesions with yellow halos. Off-white spores appear at the growing point where the apex may rot. Other symptoms include root rot, chlorosis, and wilting.
5. Designs for your interior offices is unlimited as show in our above photo, low maintenance and low cost replacement basis. Great as a stand alone specimen or in a continuous planter.
Call joe Gallo 781.632.4476
Improve Focus & Appeal In Your Office With Office Plants, Flowers & Greenery
Office plants and greenery can help sharpen your focus, improve your health and even purify the air in your office. Create a healthier and more welcoming and visually appealing office space by simply bringing in the right plants, greenery or flowers with Plantscape Designs.
Try any one of Plantscape Designs Corporate Office Plant Services and watch your staff become happier and more productive and your office flourish with greenery, plants and flowers.
Weekly, Monthly & One Time Corporate Office Plant Services:
- Free Consultations For Indoor Office Plants
- Flowering Plant Rotations For Your Office Reception Desks
- Weekly Office Plant Maintenance
- Green Plant Company Servicing Locally
- Indoor Planter Design and Renovation For Indoor Offices
- Weekly Watering Service Of Your Corporate Interior Office Plants
- Living Tropical Plant Installation & Care For Inside Offices
- Living Plant Wall Design & Installation For Inside Offices
- Life-like Silk Plant Design & Installation For Interior Offices
- Sale & Maintenance Of Tropical Plant & Flowers For Your Offices
- Care & design Of Your Interior Office Greenery
Plantscape Designs Inc. of Stoneham, MA services corporate clients and small to medium business offices in the following area cities and towns in Massachusetts:
Boston, Cambridge, Waltham, Burlington, Woburn, Bedford, Peabody, Danvers, Stoneham, and surrounding towns.