Some fun facts about Robellini Palms before you attempt to use them in your Waltham plant interior landscape.
They are a palm and not a Cycad.
1. Height: 4-6 ft. (1.2-1.8 m)
USDA Zone 9a: to -6.6 °C (20 °F)
USDA Zone 9b: to -3.8 °C (25 °F)
USDA Zone 10a: to -1.1 °C (30 °F)
USDA Zone 10b: to 1.7 °C (35 °F)
USDA Zone 11: above 4.5 °C (40 °F)
3. Sun Exposure:Sun to Partial Shade
4. Danger: Plant has spines or sharp edges; use extreme caution when handling
4. Bloom Color: Cream/Tan
5. Bloom Time: Mid Spring
6. Foliage:Grown for foliage, Evergreen
7. Other details: Average Water Needs; Water regularly; do not overwater
8. Soil pH requirements: 6.1 to 6.5 (mildly acidic)
9. Propagation Methods: From seed; germinate in vitro in gelatin, agar or other medium
10. Pests: spider mites are a real problem with your indoor use of this Waltham, MA office plant. Spraying and wiping with canola oil and a clean cloth that must be washed later, can keep your Phoenix robellini healthy and flourishing. Visit our PDIPLANTSBlog.com for more info.
Above is example of an underwatered Phoenix Robellini.
At Plantscape Designs Inc. we always inspect for spider mites on our indoor office plants. PDI never applies insecticides to your indoor office plants. We always use safe biological predators or parasites.
Plantscape Designs Inc of Stoneham, MA services the following area cities and towns in Massachusetts: